Thursday, 12 June 2008

Linda's PYP 5 life

Linda's PYP 5 life



I am going to start with the first thing we did in fifth grade that i liked it was ice-cream walk! it was so fun. We ended up at Hellerup beach, but first we went to paradis to buy ice-cream. I bought two scoop of strawberry ice-cream. Lara bought too much ice-cream! She wasn't quick enough to eat it though, two of the scoops melted on the beach! While we were there, we also played games, which was super fun.


The next fun thing we did in fifth grade was swimming. We have to go to Kildeckovhal svømmehal every Monday morning. Even though i am a beginner, it was pretty fun!

The R-E-S-P-E-C-T assembly was great.SJ and i announced the birthday people. This was the first assembly in my life. and i really liked being apart of it.

In November we had bike day, where we had to bring our bikes and we had to ride them and we also had some fun we had some games but we have to do them on our bikes!! I wasn't good at it. We had to ride around this circle and try to ride as close to it as you could.

Motions day was next up coming on the calendar. We had to go to Dyrehavn to walk. Noa and i walked 17.5 kilometers- the second longest distance in the whole grade!! i was very tried after that, but i really enjoyed being out in the nature.

Now it's time for me to talk about my favorite thing.The two Steves! it was a very entertaining experience. OK i will tell you who two Steves are they are Steve Skidmore and Steve Barlow, they are two authors who are super funny. They told us some stories about Greek mythology and gave us some tips for writing our own story.

I learnt about energy when Meghan Nicoline and i did a video on kinetic energy. It wasn't that good. But at least we worked hard, and learnt a lot about how kinetic energy works.

Oh yes! we also had a plant project. We did these interesting experiments in our unit of inquiry called ecosystems. I did a experiment about what would happen if we take a normal plant and put it in a desert biome? And after the experiment i found out the plant was dead! while my plant didn't survive , i learnt that some plants can live in other biomes.

Now i will tell you about pyjama day I wore my pyjamas but not everyone else did. In fact at the end of the day Miss Mac took a photo of all the people who had pyjamas on. I still remembered that it was really cold after school and i forgot my coat at home and i had to go home with my PJ's on!!

At the end of the year we got MYP 1 buddies. I am lucky enough to have two buddies- Clarie and Jamila. I know Jamila more then Claire. Because Claire is in America. Because she had liver cancer and had to have a liver transplant. I like my buddies.

Now here is the most inportant thing we did in fifth grade was the PYP 5 exhibition. It was so so hard. We worked in goups for 8 weeks! And our topic is about smoking . This was because three out of the four members in my group have parents who smoke. I learn't about the health effects of second hand smoke and the diseases caused by smoking. I was happy when the exhibition was over. But was really proud of our presentation.

Now fifth grade was over i don't know how i feel, but i am really looking forward to 6th grade especially the activity week and social over night.

No comments: